A brand is a collection of identifying features that establish a company’s identity, either individually or collectively. A trademark, on the other hand, is a symbolic statement of a brand’s distinguishing feature that allows it to be identified. Protecting a company’s brand through trademark is vital since, without a distinguishing identity, a company is nothing more than another generic product or service in the eyes of the general public.
Obtaining a trademark registration establishes brand identity and differentiates your goods from competing services and products on the market. It is vital to protect a trademark if a brand’s distinct character is to be preserved. Let us now take a closer look at the trademark application process.
Procedure for Registration of Trademark: A Comprehensive Step by Step Guide
Trademarks in India can be obtained by any person or a legal entity. Even Foreign Nationals or entities can apply for trademark registration in India.
Here we will take a quick look at the process of trademark registration in India:
- The initial step is to do a trademark search. Zolvit can assist with a comprehensive trademark search by utilising a powerful tool to locate the mark across various classes.
- You will then require a Zolvit attorney who must then file an application on your behalf. The trademark applicant must sign Form 48 and ™ 1 in order for it to be approved.
- The trademark registration is completed with the approval of the trademark registrar if everything seems to be in order.
- Once the trademark application has been submitted and is being processed by the government, it is critical to keep track of its progress on a frequent basis. If there are any objections, the applicant has 30 days to respond.
- In case any objections are raised experts from Zolvit will handle the resolution of the same on your behalf to ensure that you secure your company’s brand identity without further ado.
Assistance for Registration of Trademark: Get Zolvit
It’s not a good position to be in after you spend time and money building a brand just to have the same brand name used by someone else, robbing you of your hard-earned brand reputation. Many trademark (TM) owners are stuck in lengthy legal battles because they failed to register their business name as a trademark in India when the time arrived. As a result, we recommend that you avoid making the same mistakes.
In India, trademark registration is a process in which you need to follow various steps. In addition to these, it also requires timely follow up from the government. Get in touch with the experts at Zolvit to ensure that the registration of your trademark is completed successfully to ensure that unwelcome infringement of your brand does not play fraud on unsuspecting customers who have utmost faith in your brand.